Friday, December 20, 2013

Ice Ice Baby

 Well the weather outside is frightful, but inside the stores.. well it's still frightful. That tends to happen when everyone decides they need to shop the week before Christmas. Luckily I bought everything weeks ago and it's now wrapped up and nestled under our miniature fake purple tree. But I did venture out yesterday to every thrift & antique store in town trying to find some last minute treasures. Can't really say that I found exactly what I was looking for, but it'll do!

If you're thinking this outfit doesn't exactly match up with winter weather, you'd be kind of right. The day was actually really nice and kind of warm, but then we got hit with an ice storm that shut the town down. I'm just glad I wasn't wearing a dress like this outside when that occurred!

Outfit details - Dress c/o eShakti.com (old) - Denim top, $1.23 (thrifted) - Tights, $5 (Wal-Mart) - Flats, $10 (Wal-Mart) - Hat, paid w/ GC (Asos.com) - Necklace, from my sister - Red lipstick, 01 by Kate for Rimmel London

3 comments:

Sonya Mann said...

The bow pattern on that dress is adorable! Especially in combination with bright red lipstick :) I've also been doing some last-minute thrifting--I might be getting a little desperate!

Midwest Muse said...

The print on your dress is adorable.

Lyndsey said...

do you realize just how gorgeous you are? Seriously. But in all fashion seriousness, that denim top under a dress is GENIUS. I have passed up so many denim tops because I thought I look like a retarded hillbilly in them. I wore one once and hated it but I am seriously dying over this look. It really does look like something you'd freeze in in the snow! I couldn't see myself wearing tights in snow. But then again, the coldest weather I've ever been in was around 0 degrees, and that was in either Tennessee or West Virginia while I was snowboarding in a ski suit. haha.