Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Colors

Wearing red and green together is kind of an iffy combo, unless it's Christmas. Power to you if you want to wear those colors together in June, but you're just going to end up looking like December. With that in mind, I decided to take full advantage of power color clashing (and apparently pattern clashing) to create this nod to festive outfit. I wore it for some Saturday shopping and noticed that not a lot of people dress in the Christmas spirit. They mostly wear giant coats and have a painted on scowl. Luckily I had enough Christmas cheer for the grumpy folks and was able to make some people smile with my presence. (I think they were smiling at me, or maybe they were just happy about what they just bought??)

I can't leave this post without talking about that house behind me in these photos. Doesn't it look like a postcard? I feel very lucky that they're my neighbors and I can just peek out my window and spy on it anytime I like.

Outfit details - Shirt, skirt, and tights, $2 (thrifted) - Flats, $10 (Wal-Mart) - Necklace, from Dani (F21 brand) - Red lipstick, 01 by Kate for Rimmel London

4 comments:

Ashley said...

adorbs! I love the mixed prints. I have never had an qualms with wearing red and green together throughout the year. But they are two of my favourite colours, and Christmas is my absolute favourite thing in the world, so maybe that's why ;-)

Sonya Mann said...

That *is* a beautiful house! I also really like your necklace. And I avoid red and green whenever it's not December for exactly that reason. Same goes for red, white, and blue.

Iris Ruiz said...

Wow, stunning look! I am in love with it!
You have a new follower! :)

RUBYREDIRIS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Lyndsey said...

Wow that house is pretty stunning in the background! But it seems that your house is also, because it looks a bit victorian from the porch. i'd love to see it! ;). I love your Christmasy outfit and surprisingly there were a lot of people dressed for Christmas down here, even the houses!

Also I'm pretty sure they were smiling about both- no one can beat checking out a beautiful lady and scoring a great deal. ;)